Monday, July 5, 2010

Drink. Pee. Repeat.

OH MY GOODNESS! Downtown Nashville was crazy insane tonight with people that, most of which (such as ourselves) should have stayed home. Apparently ever year for the 4th of July, they put on a big fireworks show. I had no interest in going and Jen didn't either. Mikal cooked on the grill, I played with Abby, and then after dinner since they had fireworks, Mikal shot them off. Abby liked them and clapped during and after they were over and all was right with the world. We so should have left it at that but that's just not the kind of people we are. Jen and I were raised so that if you could possibly go for a drive and look at the stupid people, you should do so by all means. What you shouldn't do, is join them.

Lesson learned as I turned down 4th and Commerce in stead of staying strait on Church. We were literally stopped for about 20 minutes not moving at all. I had a conversation with a man that was turning the opposite way we were sitting still for so long. Oh, and what I forgot to say is that we even got there too late for the fireworks so we didn't even get a show out of it. Well, not that kind of show. We got to see a lot of idiots with flashing lights on their heads, people with stars and stripes on their tapered pants. Shoot, I forgot to tell that guy that he got a phone call. Dang it. If anyone sees him, the message was that the 80's called and wants the pants back. As if that wasn't enough for one person though, he had the classiest shirt. It said, "Drink. Pee. Repeat." I'm sure his mother is proud.

Even though we had to go way out to BFE to get home and I wasted so much gas, it was a good time and something different to experience. Everyone that knows me knows that my car gets like 2mpg and when we went down, I had about a quarter of a tank. I'm not parked safely at home and it's allllmost on the E! Are you freaking kidding me?! I'm so glad to be home and in the comfort of my pj's with G curled up beside me licking his butt.

This is an awesome life and I'm grateful for it. We can all thank a soldier for having the freedoms that we have to wear the stupid crap we wear and being safe to drive (or sit) on roads and not have to worry about the government rolling up and down them on tanks while praying we can make it home just one more day to see our family. I'm thankful for the men and women who Honor, Serve, and Protect us and with this, I bid you a good night.

Sweet dreams, everyone.

1 comment:

~PakKaramu~ said...

Pak Karamu visiting your blog